Blaine House Conference on Service and Volunteerism
The Blaine House Conference on Service and Volunteerism was 30 years old in 2016. Below is an overview of what happened. Conference planning for 2017 will begin in February 2017. If you'd like to serve on the organizing committee, contact Service.Commission@maine.gov !
- Sample program from 2016
Sessions and presenter details are on registration site.
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
2016 Keynote Presenter
Luther K. Snow a national speaker, facilitator, and consultant who specializes in empowering communities, groups, and networks to take positive action for the common good. A premier facilitator, Luther has worked with over 25,000 people and hundreds of organizations, giving him the nickname of the "Good Groups Guru."
Snow notes "people call me one of the top five rural development experts in the nation, because I have helped lead the field away from 'hand wringing' and toward a greater appreciation of the special strengths and opportunities of rural life. As a rural resident myself, I understand rural perspective and appreciate rural strength."
Snow will also lead a seminar session at the conference.
Who attends this conference?
Everyone seeking to make communities stronger by engaging citizens in service!
$90 (Early Bird fee is $75; good through Sept. 30)
Registration covers morning reception, lunch, all sessions and conference materials.
Additional discounts available for members of PAVA, AVA, VAMM, Franklin Volunteer Network. Also supervisors of AmeriCorps, VISTA, or Senior Corps participants. Contact group or program leadership for discount code.
- Maine Commission for Community Service
- Maine Volunteer Foundation
2016 Conference Planning Committee
- David Wihry, UMaine Center on Aging
- Jared McCannell, Volunteer Management Coordinator, Maine CDC
- Michaele Bailey, Univ. of Maine Cooperative Extension
- Maryalice Crofton, Executive Director, Maine Commission for Community Service
- Niki Janczura, Volunteer Coordinator, Owls Head Transportation Museum
- Laura Personette, UMaine Cooperative Extension
- Nicole Pellenz, Senior Vice President, Machias Savings Bank
- Mandela Gardiner, Coordinator of Volunteer Services, Catholic Charities Maine
- Kerrie Keller, UWGP Project Coordinator, Volunteer Engagement
- Elizabeth Barron, President and CEO, United Way of MidMaine