Young Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor
Recognize individuals or groups of young volunteers!
Submission Deadline: March 6, 2017 at 5pm
Maine youth are volunteering at a rate that has earned the state recognition in national reports. It's time to shine a spotlight on the young people who are serving and changing their communities. This recognition program shows appreciation and encouragement to volunteers 18 years of age and younger.
The Young Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor will recognize EVERY qualifying nominee with
1. a certificate attesting to their service;
2. a Maine Volunteer Service medallion; and
3. a ticket to the March 26, 2017 Maine Red Claws youth volunteer recognition game. (Game is Sunday afternoon with pre-game recognition ceremonies and pictures).
Every nominator will be required to certify the following are true as part of the nomination:
- each young person nominated was 18 years of age or younger on December 31, 2016;
- each youth nominated volunteered for at least 50 hours during the 12 month period (Jan 1 - Dec 31);
- members of a youth group nominated averaged 50 volunteer hours each during the 12 month period;
- the volunteer service was not court-ordered community service;
- none of the volunteer service was part of a charitable fundraising project; and
- the nominator has written parental consent to submit the nomination.
NOTE: 50 hours is 10% of the Maine Roll of Honor requirement for nominees 19 yearsof age and older.
You may nominate a group of young people OR an individual.
PROCEDURE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS
- Complete the nomination form and submit as an email attachment to GovServiceAwards@VolunteerMaine.org. Nominations will only be accepted in electronic form.
- Nominators must provide a brief description of the young person(s) service.
- To submit a nomination, DOWNLOAD THE FORM HERE. It is an Excel spreadsheet.
- All information requested must be provided in order for the nomination form to be considered complete. Incomplete forms cannot be considered.
- Nominations will only be accepted electronically and no other supporting documentation will be considered.
- Each youth or group attending the recognition game must be accompanied by at least one adult.
The Young Maine Roll of Honor is organized and sponsored by
QUESTIONS about the nomination process may be directed to GovServiceAwards@VolunteerMaine.org .