- More Online Learning for You
More Online Learning for You
- Competencies for Managers of Volunteers: Online Self-Directed Course (no cost)
- Emergency Response and Recovery. Volunteer programs that help meet community needs after floods, ice storms, and other emergencies can prepare by learning about the protocols, policies, and procedures used by officials. FEMA has a series of no-cost online Independent Study courses to prepare program staff.
- Volunteer Engagement Certificate:: The University of North Texas has a group of online short courses specifically for volunteer program staff. This LINK goes to the full catalog. Scroll to "Volunteer Management" for a series of courses. Fees are about $35 each.
- Risk Management. The Washington DC-based Nonprofit Risk Management Center has14 online risk management classes. Fees are $29 for one course with discounts for multiple courses ($19 for 2-9, etc.). The Volunteer Risk Managment course is free. To take it, click here.
- Social Marketing. The federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC) developed an online guide and design tool for use by their grantees and partners. It is very valuable for any program managers whose volunteers are trying to change something in the community (literacy, health, waste reduction, energy consumption). The tool is no cost and is called the CDCynergy Social Marketing Model.